KANSAS CITY, Mo.– Chiropractors in the Kansas City location and across the country said they're seeing the COVID-19 pandemic affect their patients.
Dr. Myron Schmidt of Schmidt Chiropractic Clinic in Overland Park, Kansas, said stress frequently manifests in the shoulders and necks of his customers. Stress combined with brand-new, less ergonomic at-home offices has led to more patients with neck pain and struggling with headaches.
“Sometimes the tension in those muscles can pull their neck or back out of location. If you have the muscle pull not the very same on one side or the other, it'll affect the neck and trigger headaches,” Schmidt described. “We do a lot of treatment here in the workplace to line those things up and get the muscles to relax.”
Schmidt assisted 41 Action News assembled a Rebound Rundown with key takeaways to assist you manage the stress:
- Consider buying an office chair and/or desk to use in your home. Schmidt stated a great deal of individuals held back on this purchase believing they ‘d just be at house for a short period, and now lots of clients are recognizing they'll be working from house for longer amount of times.
- Think about using a pillow to support your lower back if you feel discomfort because location.
- Place your computer screen at eye-level so your neck doesn't have to flex to look at the screen.
- Position your computer mouse near your body so you're not reaching for it.
- Get up and move every 20 minutes and consider setting an alarm to remind you.
- Stretch your muscles.
- Consider massage treatment to loosen tight muscles.
- Consider visiting a chiropractic specialist if pain and headaches persist.
— The Rebound Kansas City is our effort is to assist metro homeowners play a role in moving our community forward. We would enjoy to hear your thoughts and concepts to via e-mail to email@example.com!.?.! and we welcome you to participate the conversation on the Rebound KC Facebook Group. Whether you're Getting Back to Work after a layoff, require help Making Ends Meet throughout these trying times or require suggestions on Managing the Pressure we're all feeling, The Rebound has resources to discover help . We'll also make sure local leaders are Doing What's Right to get Kansas City back track after a three-month shutdown. Required a task? Make sure to visit our regional tasks board powered by Indeed. Source: kshb.com