Counties across the location are working to resolve issues with social distancing.
Arlington County passed an emergency situation ordinance two weeks ago to avoid people from gathering in groups of 3 or more on walkways and in streets.
Prince William County is checking in on services to make certain they are following phase 3 resuming standards with assessments.
Download our complimentary NBC Washington app for iOS or Android to get the most recent local news and weather condition.
What the Data Shows
Virginia and Maryland have actually both gone beyond 100,000 validated cases.
D.C. has more than 13,000 cases, bringing the total for the region to over 215,000.
The map below shows the variety of coronavirus cases diagnosed per 1,000 residents.
Coronavirus Cases in DC
, Maryland and Virginia COVID-19 cases by population in D.C. and by county in Maryland and Virginia
- The monumental choice made by the Big Ten on Tuesday afternoon to postpone its fall football season was a blow to the hopes of coaches, players and fans in College Park. Read more. Lots of Maryland trainees will start the academic year totally online as the coronavirus pandemic continues– but local PTAs should meet face to face, the state PTA says. Read more. The Fauquier County School Board voted Monday to change to virtual-only guideline two weeks prior to students were expected to return to the classroom. Read more. New research study by Children's National Hospital in Washington, D.C., found racial disparities in how the coronavirus impacts kids. Read more. Resuming Tracker Personal and parochial schools in Maryland can select when to reopen after a back-and-forth in between county health officials and the guv. Read more. Prince George's County is revising its stage 2 reopening executive order due to an uptick in coronavirus cases, according to the county executive's workplace. Virginia entered phase three resuming on July 1, loosening up constraints on dining establishments, shops, health clubs and swimming pools. Northam said more restrictions could be executed if cases continue to grow. Prince George's County went into complete phase two on June 23, allowing the MGM Casino and health clubs to reopen. D.C. went into phase two on June 22, permitting indoor dining , fitness centers, libraries and houses of worship to resume with limitations. Montgomery County got in phase two on June 19, resuming with constraints fitness centers, houses of worship, indoor dining and retail. Maryland entered stage 2 of resuming on June 10, permitting indoor dining, outdoor
- pools and outside amusements to resume. How to Stay Safe There are ways to reduce your danger of catching coronavirus. Here are guidelines from the
CDC: Anyone over
the age of 2 need to wear a mask or face covering. Keep it over your nose and mouth. Wash your hands frequently. When you
- do, scrub with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. As a backup, use hand sanitizer with at least 60 %alcohol.
- Prevent close contact with anybody who lives outside your house. That indicates staying 6 feet away from anyone outside your circle, even if you're using masks.
- Always cover coughs and sneezes. Tidy and disinfect regularly touched surface areas.
- Sophia Barnes, Andrea Swalec and Anisa Holmes contributed to this report Source: