Metro services will resume to pre-pandemic levels, bring back metrorail and bus services that have actually been restricted or totally closed down.
General Manager and CEO Paul Wiedefeld said the changes were possible since of moneying received through federal aid from the CARES Act. Weekday rail journeys will nearly double and bus service will go back to 75% during the week.
All riders on all Metro services are reminded that masks are needed.
Download our totally free NBC Washington app for iOS or Android to get the most recent regional news and weather condition.
What the Data Shows
Both Maryland and Virginia are quick approaching 100,000 cases.
Northern Virginia is seeing a slow but consistent upward trend in the 7-day average for cases. It's at 309, up from 251 average day-to-day cases on August 1.
In general, D.C. added 65 news cases to it's overall Thursday. Maryland saw and extra 776 and Virginia had 1054 more.
There were an overall 20 deaths reported Thursday. D.C. had one, Maryland had 9 and Virginia had 10.
The map listed below programs the number of coronavirus cases diagnosed per 1,000 homeowners.
Coronavirus Cases in DC
, Maryland and Virginia COVID-19 cases by population in D.C. and by county in Maryland and Virginia Regional Coronavirus Headlines The monumental choice made by the Big Ten on Tuesday afternoon
- to delay its fall football season was a blow to the hopes of coaches, gamers and fans in College Park. Read more. Lots of Maryland trainees will begin the academic year entirely online as the coronavirus pandemic continues– however local PTAs need to meet personally, the state PTA states. Read more. The Fauquier County School Board voted Monday to switch to virtual-only instruction 2 weeks before trainees were expected to
- return to the classroom. Read more. New research study by Children's National Hospital in Washington, D.C., found racial disparities in how the coronavirus impacts children
- . Read more. Virginia has rolled out a smartphone app to immediately notify individuals if they might have been exposed to the coronavirus, becoming the first U.S. state to use brand-new pandemic technology created by Apple and Google. Read more. A group of frontline staff members and union leaders at the Washington DC VA Medical Center stated the agency is not ensuring workers possibly exposed to COVID-19 are offered work leave to avoid the more spread of the virus. Read more. Resuming Tracker Personal and parochial schools in Maryland can choose when to reopen after a back-and-forth between county health authorities and the guv. Read more. Prince George's County is modifying its stage 2 reopening executive order due to an uptick in coronavirus cases, according to the county executive's workplace. Virginia entered phase three reopening on July 1, loosening limitations on dining establishments, stores, fitness centers and pools. Northam said more constraints might be implemented if cases continue to grow. Prince George's County went into full phase 2 on June 23, allowing the MGM Casino and health clubs to resume. D.C. went into phase two on June 22, enabling indoor dining , fitness centers, libraries and holy places to reopen with limitations. Montgomery County got in stage 2 on June 19, resuming with restrictions health clubs, houses of worship, indoor dining and retail. Maryland went into phase two of resuming on June 10, permitting indoor dining, outside
- pools and outside amusements to reopen. How to Stay Safe There are ways to lower your risk of capturing coronavirus. Here are standards from the
CDC: Anyone over
the age of 2 should use a mask or face covering. Keep it over your nose and mouth. Wash your hands frequently. When you
- do, scrub with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds. As a backup, use hand sanitizer with a minimum of 60 %alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who lives outside your home. That indicates remaining six feet away from anybody outside your circle, even if you're using masks.
- Always cover coughs and sneezes. Tidy and sanitize often touched surfaces.
- Sophia Barnes, Andrea Swalec and Anisa Holmes added to this report Source: